I have two projects this week - the first is about overcoming my reliance on cookery books. I've planned a set of dinners for which I have no recipes at all, but I'm pretty confident I can cook.
- Mackerel with harissa pasts and herby couscous
- pot-roast pork with apples, red cabbage and potatoes
- Lamb kebabs with homemade flatbread
The second project is some lunches. I'm still working from home at the moment but I'm trying to write some recipes that I will be able to take in to work and prepare with the limited facilities available in the office - i.e. a microwave and a kettle. These will again be made up from scratch, and I've got:
- turkey noodle soup
- chorizo salad (as shown in the last blog post - I'll have to fry them and make the dressing in advance, of course)
- Salmon and potato salad
- spring rolls and Thai salad
So what do you do for working lunches? Do you have the best canteen in the world, or are you reliant on a local Subway for sustenance? Do you take food in, or buy something at a supermarket branch and make it up during the day? What's the best working lunch you've ever had?